Nkululeko High School Ordinary Level student electrocuted to death

By Esther Moyo

A 16 year old  Nkululeko High School student in Lower Gweru was on Sunday electrocuted while washing his blankets at the boys hostel this publication has gathered.

 The tragic death of Collen Chinyemba a form 3 learner shocked learners and teachers alike. 
at the boarding facility.

 A teacher at Nkululeko told this publication that Chinyemba was trying to balance in the tub where he was washing his blankets and that is how he got to  touch the electric wire which got him electrocuted. 

“He was washing his blankets using his legs so in order to maintain balance he hold on to a metal that was above the tub which was an electrical conductor,” the educator told this publication. 

Chinyemba is said to have tried to communicate with another student who was bathing in the same bathing room where he was washing but the boy only realized it later and rushed to call others who then arrives only to see Chinyemba on the ground.
He was then taken to Gweru Provincial Hospital by one of the teachers at the school where he was pronounced dead upon arrival. 

The body is awaiting to be taken to Bulawayo for postmortem. 

Midlands Police Spokeperson Joel Goko confirmed the tragedy to this publication and said Chiremba was from Harare.

 “We received news of the tragic death of a 16 year old student at Nkululeko High School. We heard that the learner was washing his blankets in a tub in the boys’ hostel when he then tried to steady himself by holding on to a metal pinned to the wall and was electrocuted,” Goko said. 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *